Advantages To Choosing MTC
Why should you choose the Mesothelioma Treatment Center for your treatment and care?
The advantages with the MTC are numerous:
- Access to leaders in the field of mesothelioma care & treatment – Mesothelioma is an uncommon cancer; therefore many oncologists are unlikely to have significant experience in treating it. At the MTC, our physicians specialize in mesothelioma treatment and have helped hundreds of mesothelioma patients.
- A top center for clinical trials – To overcome the challenges of treating mesothelioma, the MTC is actively committed to conducting clinical trials with new treatments, pharmaceuticals, and procedures. See current list of active clinical trials here. As an example, the MTC is preparing to conduct a genetic mutation study using biopsies from consenting patients.
- Unparalleled resources and collaborations – Located in the TMC, access to resources, experts, and options is the best in the world. Some examples include: a clinical research tissue bank, genetic evaluation of mesothelioma tumors, collaboration with the genomics institute at Baylor College of Medicine, tumors are evaluated at the deepest possible level with state-of-the-art technologies.
- Be an active participant in mesothelioma research – At the MTC, we are committed to actively researching mesothelioma. To do this, we benefit from the biopsies and medical histories of our consenting patients. We couple treatment and research to treat our current patients with the best available care and to help future patients through research. By agreeing to provide tissue or de-identified information, you also contribute to the active research that will improve care for patients in the future.
- Ease of travel and living in Houston –Houston is the 4th largest city in the United States. It is an international destination with two airports and adequate public transportation. Additional patient shuttles run from select hotels and apartment complexes. Within the MTC, myriad cutting-edge medical trials are underway, giving you options that are not available anywhere else in the world
- Patient Care Navigator Services – Our Patient Navigator Shelby Joran will assist you in arrangement of flight, hotel reservations, and all logistical details during your visit to Houston. Best of all, Houston is among the most inexpensive cities in the United States for cost of living, making your visit as affordable as possible.
- Rapid access to care – We pledge to have your appointment scheduled within 24 hours of your contacting of our center.